Thursday, May 7, 2009

30 Day Art Challenge: Day 9 & 10, and My Infinite Nature

I'm here, I'm here! Didn't quit. Didn't even slack off yesterday. Just didn't have enough time to take a pic of my sketches before I ran out of light.
Yesterday was dragon sketching day. In walnut ink, on really crappy paper:



Not a great result. If it wasn't for the challenge, there would be no way I'd be sharing my sketchy scribbles! Oh well. It is, what it is.

Today was an attempt to take some of those ideas forward:


("8x6" mixed media)

Obviously similar to day 1. I don't know how well it shows in the pic, but the texture rocks, and I am pleased (yay!).

While I worked yesterday and today, I watched " i ♥ huckabees".
Couldn't love that movie anymore if I tried. Funny, funny, funny. The part with the rubber ball! I highly recommend for other too-much-in-your-head, prone to existential crises types.



"You can't deal with my infinite nature, can you?"

We go to my parents for the weekend tomorrow. I am bringing rudimentary art supplies with me, because I am committed to these 30 days, but I may not have the opportunity to post. If not I'll catch up here on Monday.

Love you all. Embrace your infinite natures, and have a great weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. The texture shows in the picture and I love it! The colors are great....I really like that turquoise. It's so vibrant.

    Have fun over the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin